This guide will direct you to the best online resources for government information from Canadian federal agencies.
We have an extensive print collection of Canadian federal official publications dating from the Province of Canada period. The Library has been a selective depository for federal government publications since the 1950s and selects the majority of available material of research interest. To find print publications, use our catalogue and limit search to 'Government Information'.
- Canadian Public Policy Collection
A collection of publications from Canadian public policy institutes, government agencies, advocacy groups, think-tanks, university research centres and other public interest groups.
- Canadian Research Index
Provides detailed citations to monographs and serial publications held in the Microlog microfiche collection
- Canadiana.org is a platform which provides access to: Dept. of Foreign Affairs Digital Archive; Early official publications (Early Canadiana Online) and Historical debates of Parliament 1867-1996
Contains citations to Canadian English and French language journals including some government serials
- Early Canadiana Online (ECO)
- The Canada Site (Government of Canada homepage)
A single point of access to all programs, services, departments, ministries and organizations of the Government of Canada.
- Canada News Centre has links to News Releases, Speeches and Statements
- Federal News Releases (Library and Archives Canada) This page points to the news release pages of individual government departments (where such a grouping of news releases exists)
- Departments and Agencies, listed by name A-Z
- Subject keyword index for federal information, by topic A-Z
- Canadian federal government databases accessible through the Internet
Current: 4th edition, 2008
- Library and Archives Canada Government Information links
- Government of Canada Web Archive (2005-2007)
- Note - for more extensive archiving see The Internet Archive specifically - Canadian government publications ; Archive-IT (2007- )and Gallop (Association of Parliamentary Libraries in Canada)
- Consultating with Canadians
- Public Opinion Research Reports
Provides access to information about public opinion research contracted after August 1, 2006 for which the final reports have been submitted to Library and Archives Canada.
- Government of Canada Public Opinion Research Reports
Begin by searching the library catalogue.