The ITU is a specialized agency of the United Nations which promotes cooperation for the improvement of telecommunications around the world and deals with telecommunication issues in the global information economy and society. Publications by the ITU are mainly statistical.
- Collection of the basic texts of the International Telecommunication Union adopted by the Plenipotentiary Conference
- World telecommunication development report 1998-2003
- World telecommunication/ICT development report 2006-
- The World in ... ICT facts and figures features estimates for ITU's key telecommunication/ICT indicators.
- ICT-Eye is a site for telecommunications/ICT indicators and statistics, regulatory and policy information, national tariff policies and costing practices, and much more.
- World telecommunication/ICT indicators database: contains time series data for the years 1960, 1965, 1970 and annually from 1975- for around 100 sets of telecommunication/ICT statistics covering telephone network size and dimension, mobile services, Internet, quality of service, traffic, staff, tariffs, revenue and investment. Available only at a computer in MADGIC. Ask at the MADGIC desk.