Additional standards databases (free to search but fees apply to order):
- British Standards Online
- Canadian Standards Database
- The Documents Center
- IHS Global Engineering Documents
- ISO Online Standards Store
- NSSN: National Resource for Global Standards
If you would like to order an individual standard, you can do so by contacting via Interlibrary Loans. We will place the order for you but we will not absorb the costs.
Most libraries do not lend standards through interlibrary loan. However, if you have privileges to a specific library, you can access the standard within that library. Please note that CISTI no longer keeps standards.
- CGSB (Canadian General Standards Board)
Canadian federal government organization that provides standards development and conformity assessment services.
- CSA (Canadian Standards Association)
Nonprofit, membership-based organization that works to develop standards and provide educational services.
- SCC (Standards Council of Canada)
Federal Crown corporation whose mandate is to promote efficient and effective voluntary standardization in Canada.
- ANSI (American National Standards Assocation)
This body administers and coordinates U.S. private sector voluntary standardization.
U.S. Department of Defense single stock point for military specifications, standards, and related publications.
- NISO (National Information Standards Organization)
Free fulltext standards available online.
- IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission)
"Leading global organization that prepares and publishes international standards for all electrical, electronic and related technologies".
- ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
This nongovernmental organization is a network of the national standards institutes of 148 member countries.
- Standardization Research in Information Technology: New Perspectives
Contains "practical and theoretical information [...] on all aspects of standardization, with an emphasis on how standards affect the daily work of all information technology professionals."