Why was my request cancelled?
The most common reason is that the material is available or accessible in the Carleton library catalogue. Please check both the catalogue and the journal databases before submitting a request via RACER.
- If your request is cancelled, you will be contacted with an explanation.
- Duplicate requests will be cancelled without notification.
- Although we do our best to fill your requests, some items simply cannot be found or cannot be borrowed.
Can I request books from Carleton’s collection that are currently checked out or on course reserve?
- Not unless the material's status in the catalogue is LOST. You must place a Hold on any material you need that is checked out, which includes material on short-term loan for course reserves. Ask at Reserves Services ; depending on the time of year and the type of material, you may be allowed to borrow it for a longer loan period.
How can I cancel my request?
- If you no longer need the requested item, please cancel your request as soon as possible. You can use the “My Requests” link in RACER or by contacting the Interlibrary Loans Office .
Can I request material from the University of Ottawa?
- Yes, but it will be faster for you to go to the University of Ottawa in person to borrow the material directly. This has the added advantage that you can renew online. You can return University of Ottawa books at our Library Services Desk.
How do I inquire about the status of a request?
- You can check the status of your request online from your RACER account. Under “My Account” select “My Requests” to see the status of individual requests.
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Interlibrary Loans at 613-520-2732; please include or have available the RACER request number for the request you are inquiring about.
What are the restrictions on interlibrary loan material?
- The interlibrary loans service is bound by Canadian copyright law.
- Other restrictions include policies set by the lending library (“for library use only” or “no photocopying allowed”). You may need to use the item in the Archives and Research Collections consultation room.
- Books may be recalled by the lending library at any time.
- Due dates and renewal options are set by the lending library.