Consult the Library's general Government Information page including the Google custom search of all Canadian federal, provincial and territory government sites (at the top of the page).
For a consideration of gerontology worldwide, search these databases:
Research reports in the form of electronic books are available in the Canadian Public Policy Collection, which is a part of Scholars Portal Books. These reports are also found in the catalogue. Other government documents are also available in print or electronic format. Try a KEYWORD search, limiting the results to Location: GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS.
- Ageism in the health care system : short shrifting seniors? : hearing before the Special Committee on Aging, United States Senate, One Hundred Eighth Congress, first session, Washington, DC, May 19, 2003.
- Aging in poverty in Canada
DDV CA1 HW754 2005.A36 .EXF [also online]
- Aging well, time use patterns of older Canadians
- Canada's aging population : seizing the opportunity : final report
- Caring contexts of rural seniors
- Consumption patterns among aging Canadians : a synthetic cohort approach
DDR CA1 BS11 .F027 N067 .ENG
- Do older Canadians have more friends now than in 1990?
- Engaging retired leaders as volunteer leaders : a research report
- Gauging the path of private Canadian pensions : 2010 update on the state of defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans
- Governance and investment of public pension assets : practitioners' perspectives
DDV UN9 MG 2011.G53 .ENG [also online]
- A guide to end-of-life care for seniors
- Health care use at the end of life in Atlantic Canada
- Healthy aging
- The income management strategies of older couples in Canada
- Live longer, work longer
DDV ZZ ECA355 2006.L34 .ENG
- Long-term care : who will care for the aging baby boomers? : hearing before the Special Committee on Aging, United States Senate, One Hundred Seventh Congress, first session, Washington, DC, June 28, 2001.
- Mental health and aging
DDV CA1 HW751 2002.G18 .ENG
- Modernising social policy for the new life course
DDV ZZ ECA 2007.M57 .ENG [also online]
- Population aging and public infrastructure : a literature review of impacts in developed countries
- Providing pharmacare for an aging population : is prefunding the solution?
- Risky assumptions : a closer look at the bearing of investment risk in defined-benefit pension plans
- Seniors and technology
DDV CA1 HW751 2001.G17 .ENG [also online]
- Summary report on retirement income adequacy research
- Toward healthy-aging communities: a population health approach
- Well-being throughout the senior years : an issues paper on key events and transitions in later life
- Women, ageing and health : a framework for action : focus on gender
DDV UN9 WH 2007.W51 .ENG
Surveys and Data
Get help with using <odesi>. Also consult the Library Data Centre for information on how to access and interpret surveys on aging.
Also check the search engine of the Public Health Agency of Canada for topics such as elder abuse.